Report Abuse or Neglect

“Not responding is a response – we are equally responsible for what we don’t do.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer


Provincial Vet Office Frequently Asked Questions

Q.13. How do I report a suspected case of animal cruelty or neglect?A.13 For small companion animals (primarily dogs and cats), reports can be made to municipal enforcement authorities operating within St. John’s, Mount Pearl, CBS, Wabana, Carbonear, Placentia, Gander and Lab City. If you live in any of these municipalities, please check with your town office for more details. Reports can also be made to your local RNC or RCMP Detachment.

For farm animals (including horses) reports may be made to the Office of the Chief Veterinary Officer by calling 709.729.6879 or emailing Conservation Officers working in the Department of Natural Resources can then conduct a proper investigation. For urgent matters, please contact your local RNC or RCMP Detachment.

Have a question or comment? Type away here! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: